A brief update on what we have been up to this year.
- Association InnovaKids was registered as a non-profit association in January 2017.
- InnovaKids received approval from the Cantonal authorities to collaborate formally with HEIG-VD. This collaboration is essential and allows InnovaKids to develop leading edge workshops for young people.
- “Morse Code” is the second (a day long Thymio workshop was the first) workshop to come out of this partnership. “Morse Code” introduces youngsters to data communications, electronic circuits including soldering techniques, cryptography and how to be safe online as well as distinguish between fact and fiction on the web.
- InnovaKids is an active member of the new EdTech Collider at EPFL Parc Scientific.
- More workshops and weekly courses are in the process of being built.