Mathematics is all around us as well as in our past and in our future. Nature and science is inherently mathematical for instance the spiral pattern of a sea shell can be infinitely extended in both directions. Examples of symmetry, sets, fractals are all around us. Even everyday “objects” – music, art, industrial design, the rhythm of breathing, the interchanging relationship between matter and energy can all be understood mathematically. It seems as if there were no mathematics, there would be no universe. Or is it the other way round! Some would argue, that mathematics is the language or word from which the Universe and Time itself was fashioned, with zero being that which is non-existent and everything up to one, being the infinity of existence.
Math Magic is a celebration of mathematics. Students will delve into the world of numbers, equations, curves, sets, fractals, geometry etc. As they explore, they will start to recognize the mathematical underpinnings in the world around us whist at the same time losing their fear of numbers, gaining mental acuity and improving their maths performace in schools.
Practically speaking, a familiar and easy acceptance and usage of maths is essential whether one is an artist, a business person, a yogi or an engineer.
This workshop is expected to commence later this year.
- Explore themes in science, nature, music, art etc from a math perspective.
- Explore uniquely interesting equations, number sequences, curves etc.
- Improve mental and practical every day mathematics.
- Use computer simulations to explore the the scope of concepts such as infinity as well as other mathematical constructs.
- More details will follow in due course…
- Build a lifelong interest in mathematics
- Heightened awareness of numbers and mathematics in our daily life, in nature and science and in managing finances
- Improved speed and agility in practical and mental mathematics
- Improved progress in school mathematics
- More details will follow in due course
- All materials will be provided
For more information take a look at ...
There are many TED talks and BBC documentaries exploring the beauty of numbers.
You can also google to find practice sites etc. We will post more links in due course.