“Hack an App” is an “Appetizer” introductory level, fun filled, four day workshop that introduces children to a range of information technologies as well as learning how to do some basic programming.
Children work in small groups of 2-3 and also learn collaboration, planning and design skills.
The workshop was originally delivered in collaboration with ti&m, a leading Swiss software development and services company. This year’s workshop will be delivered in collaboration with HEIG-VD. HEIG-VD is a well recognized applied engineering oriented and management university in Canton Vaud.
- Understand basic computational & programming paradigms
- Program a video game using Netlogo
- Introduction to robotics (Thymio)
- Introduction to the concept of Internet of Things (IoT), including remote control of objects and sensors
- Design and build a gaming app using Netlogo
- Program and control the Thymio robot
- Build a simple IoT solution
- Build up essentials of successful teamwork
- Develop skills in listening, communicating and presenting
- Suitable ages: 11 to 14 Years
Materials provided by us
- All material will be provided.
Materials that student should bring
- Drinks, Mobile Phone
“Hack an App” has been mentioned in the press numerous times:
- 10vor10 (on 2.7.2012)
- Swiss ICT
- Swiss IT Magazine
- Aargauer Zeitung
- Thurgauer Zeitung
- Schulblatt Aargau/Solothurn
- Various other press releases
- Volksblatt Liechtenstein
So many questions in one day, amazing . #Hacknapp perfect for the kids of today and especially tomorrow. Thank you for the beautiful day.Michael Booz