“Hack an App” is an “Appetizer” introductory level, fun filled, five day workshop that introduces children to a range of information technologies as well as learning how to do some basic programming. In addition, the fifth day will be spent at HEIG-VD in Yverdon experimenting with Thymio robots.
Children work in small groups of 2-3 and also learn collaboration, planning and design skills.
The course is delivered by ti8m and HEIG-VD in collaboration with InnovaKids. ti&m are a well-known Swiss IT solutions company, based in the Swiss German part of Switzerland. HEIG-VD is a well recognized applied engineering oriented university in Canton Vaud.
- Introduction to basic design principles, digital photography and typography
- Understand basic computational & programming paradigms
- Introduction to 3D printing, robotics (Thymio) and Google VR headset
- Introduction to the concept of Internet of Things (IoT), including remote control of objects and sensors
- Design and build an app in MIT App Inventor
- Build a simple website
- Build a simple mobile game
- Design a 3d object and print via a 3d printer
- Program and control the Thymio robot
- Try out Google VR
- Build up essentials of successful teamwork
- Develop skills in listening, communicating and presenting
- Suitable ages: 11 to 16 Years
Materials provided by us
- All material will be provided.
Materials that student should bring
- Drinks, Mobile Phone
“Hack an App” has been mentioned in the press numerous times:
- 10vor10 (on 2.7.2012)
- Swiss ICT
- Swiss IT Magazine
- Aargauer Zeitung
- Thurgauer Zeitung
- Schulblatt Aargau/Solothurn
- Various other press releases
- Volksblatt Liechtenstein
So many questions in one day, amazing . #Hacknapp perfect for the kids of today and especially tomorrow. Thank you for the beautiful day.Michael Booz