In any transaction with InnovaKids, parents, guardians and attendees are understood to have accepted these simple commonsense rules.
These rules will be explained to attendees at the start of any workshop.
Emergency Contact Details (Prior to any workshop)
Parents, you will have received mobile numbers for all coaches. Please ensure that we have yours in case we need to contact you urgently.
InnovaKids workshops tend to be very intensive. Delays by one or a few affect the whole group’s progress. All students are required to be on time when arriving in the morning and at the end of breaks. Parents, please pick up your children on time. As a courtesy, at least one adult will stay a while longer.
Respect & Collaboration
Creativity, fun, progress and a sense of achievement are all results of respect for self and others as well as listening, asking questions and collaborating.
Respect for yourself and others means
- No shouting – raise your hand
- Allowing others to speak and understanding what they are saying
- Contributing your ideas and suggestions
- Asking questions (the better you understand, the better you can contribute and move forward)
- Staying focused on workshop activities
- Looking after equipment – any deliberate or “extremely careless” breakages will have to be paid for
The workshops are meant to be fun. There will be plenty of breaks and activities are a blend of learning and fun.
Making Mistakes… is a part of learning and is expected
If you don’t understand something ask for clarification, sooner rather than later. Students are encouraged to push the boundaries of their understanding.
Always follows the rules and guidelines laid down by the coaches. This means:
- No straying out of the play or workshop areas
- Staying on time
- Asking for help when needed
- Treating equipment with respect. Some equipment can cause severe injuries if abused e.g. soldering irons.
If an attendee misbehaves continually, parents will be contacted, and the attendee will be required to leave the workshop.